Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyra!






29 years ago I was in my 30th week of pregnancy and I went into labor, by the time I arrived at the hospital there wasn't anything that could be done to stop the birth of this little girl. She was definitely in a hurry to get here with her strong little spirit that made her body strong. She was in respiratory distress because her lungs hadn't developed the surfactant yet but she fought through it and was breathing smoothly on her own within 24 hours without having to be put on a respirator, therefore, the Doctors and Nurses in the neonatal intensive care unit nicknamed her the "little fighter". At a mere 3lb. 4oz. she was strong enough to survive w/o any life support. She has always had a purpose to all that she sets out to do and accomplishes. I'm so grateful for her strong spirit that guides her through the tough spots in life and gives her the ability to see through it all. She is a beautiful woman who stands immovable for what is right. She has an uncanny ability to see through tough exteriors to the goodness within. Her passion for what she loves is apparent. We are so grateful for her contributions to our family. Today we celebrate you! We love you Tyra!

1 comment:

Tyra said...

thanks mom...gosh, now i'm bawling like a baby! I love you and thank you for bringing me into this world and teaching me to be the woman I am through your example!