Monday, June 1, 2009

Mother's Day






I'm documenting backwards a bit as so much happened in a short period of time. We had a beautiful Mother's Day celebration with Mom on Mother's Day. Then the next day I hopped on a plane with Elisa and her girls to head to Tyra's for another little Mother's day celebration together with my daughters and to attend Parker & Cooper's dance recital. While I was there with my beautiful daughters and grandchildren my selfless, loving mother chose to leave this earthly existence. I was devastated as I always thought that I would be able to be with her when she left, but I recognize that she is my mother (even though she called me mamma this last part of her life) and that she knew I was doing just what she had taught me to do. Motherhood was her most cherished position. 'she was very talented and would have had many opportunities to excel in any of those areas for earthly gain. I am forever grateful for her perfect example of motherhood and the sacrifices she made on my behalf I hope that I may live my life following her beautiful example. I feel her with me every day and am grateful for that. I honor you mother. Not just for giving me life, but for making my life a gift.

No comments: